Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Interlude: Credit where credit is due

After some gentle nudging (I'm sure the bruise on my ribs will heal) I must acknoledge my good friend Shadowfire for recommending the Hyperion books to me in the first place. He also recommended Intervention by Julian May which I have reread several times - he can pick 'em.

Shame he couldn't be bothered reading my recommendations. :P

And thanks to Ben for recommending Snow Crash by Neil Stephenson. He's an author that has been on my "to read" list for a long time - funnily enough I think Shadowfire recommended him too! So I shall endeavor to read Snow Crash later this year. But not yet - I don't want to overdo the sci-fi!

I'm currently reading "From Baghdad with Love" - about a Marine who rescues a puppy in Iraq. More on that later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gosh, this shadowfire sounds like an alright fellow!