Wednesday, January 16, 2008

52 Books in 52 Weeks

I'm a pretty avid reader, so I probably don't need any additional motivation to read more than 52 books in a year. However, I can also sometimes be a lazy reader - there are lots of classic books that I just "haven't gotten around to", or if I do get stuck into a meaty book I may not take the time to really think through what I've read or even form an opinion on the book beyond "it was ok".

So here I am, determined to keep a record of my thoughts on everything I read this year and more than willing to share it with (inflict it on?) my dear friends and fellow readers. And please add your own thoughts or recommendations to my posts.

Love,
Linda

2 comments:

Ben_Howse said...

I recommend Snow Crash by Neil (Neal?) Stephenson. I enjoyed it a lot as well as it's not too long. Also anything by Terry pratchett makes me laugh.

Ben Howse.

Linda Moore said...

Neil Stephenson has been recommended to me before...I even got as far as borrowing Snow Crash from the library but didn't manage to read it...perhaps this year is the year!