Friday, February 8, 2008

Interlude: More recommendations

For those interested in my dilemma, I ended up reading The Stone Key. AND I managed all 1000 pages in a week, thank you!

However, I am now guilty of being two reviews behind.....I will post them tomorrow, after my birthday party tonight.

And thankyou to my friend David, who is not only planning to read some of the books I review (which I hope he will comment on), but also provided me with some more recommendations:

...In no particular order:
Executioner's Song, Norman Mailer(or his new one, Castle In The Forest)
Witches of Eastwick, John Updike
Stardust, Neil Gaiman(one of my favourite books of all time)
Stand on Zanzibar, John Brunner(Good luck getting through it in a week though! 600+ pages)
Naked Lunch, William S Burroughs
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (aka Bladerunner), Philip K Dick(or any of his short story anthologies)
Bonfire of the Vanities, tom Wolfe(or My Name is Charlotte Simmons)
Wicked, Gregory Mcguire(Elpheba ... how I love thee!)
Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury
Labyrinths, Jorge Luis Borges
Children of Men, by P.D.James
Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck
Complete Stories of Dorothy Parker
Short stories of Harlan Ellison
Anything by Kurt Vonnegut
Anything by Terry Pratchett
Okay, I could go on and on and on ... but I'll stop there.

No comments: